Drak'Tharon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mage Application: Morathy

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Mage Application:  Morathy Empty
PostSubject: Mage Application: Morathy   Mage Application:  Morathy EmptyMay 27th 2010, 1:08 pm

Morathy - Arcane Mage

1) I've no previous involvement, although one of your new recruits is a member. His name is Negreon.

2. I'm currently looking for a guild that is pushing 25 man progression, and I can bring a reliable skilled player to your table, who pushes his own limits to excel.

3. I've completed up to the Blood Princes on 25 man, and nothing beyond a few attempts at Blood Queen. My lack of experience beyond this point in 25 man ICC is only related to the effort my current guild has put into 25 man raiding content. I've tanked my way to a kingslayer title on my Death Knight, so I have a good working knowledge of the entire instance and the encounters within.

4. (a) I'm a blood elf Mage, Arcane with offspec Fire and clearly a dps. My rotation is relatively simple now that I've attained 2 set t10. Arcane blast x4 and arcane missiles. If I'm on the move I'll throw out Arcane barrages to keep some damage on the target. If I'm in a situation with mana management due to fight mechanics such as Mana Destruction, or a recent BREZ, I'll switch to a lighter mana rotation, AB x3 followed by arcane missiles. It's a minimal DPS loss and assists in alleviating the stress of a low mana pool. This is of course until my evocate is off of cooldown.

5. I'm a Tailor/Alchemist. For tailoring I've got a few of the older epic patterns, as far as TotC patterns go I've got the Bejewled Wizard Bracers. I've got the rep to purchase the ICC pants/boots but a friend of mine already has the patterns so I haven't spent the saronite yet. Likely I won't bother.

6. In my ideal gearset (not bothering with Nibelung) My Gearscore is 5595. My decision to not use nibelung on any content that is requiring top DPS is simple: The loss of haste and crit from not having those statistics on my main weapon isn't always made up by the weapon's Proc effect. I gem for Spellpower and haste, and generally I go for set bonuses in my pieces as long as the bonus comes within 2 or 3 points of the spellpower I would have had from using a raw 23 SP gem. Currently I've enchanted my main hand with Black Magic, as my haste rating is 3 points under 800, and I don't come near the "soft" haste cap for GCD clipping on arcane blasts even with it proc'd. The gain of this enchant outweighs the potential loss during bloodlust burn phases.

7. I can make all the mentioned raid times/hours for the full duration.

8. Yes to all questions.

9. I am currently a member of the Ordo Hereticus, and I am pursuing other options because they have not placed their focus where I'd like: on 25 man content.

10. I'm 27 years old, and maturity in raid/guild/ventrilo would be an asset as far as I'm concerned.

11. Sure, it's how most groups of people work. I'll be as ok as anyone would, and would never promise to not be dissapointed, but preference to long standing members and/or individual classes "better suited" to the raid is fine, and logical.

12. http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Drak%27Tharon&cn=Morathy

13. I've achieved the "Kingslayer" title from 10 man ICC on my death knight. His armory link is here: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Drak%27Tharon&cn=Maliketh

Last edited by Morathy on May 27th 2010, 3:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jagal

Jagal

PostSubject: Re: Mage Application: Morathy   Mage Application:  Morathy EmptyMay 27th 2010, 1:56 pm

no core spot is promised, if that is what you looking for. If you miss the main 25, we have a second 25 icc running every mondays now; a lot of raids are done on off nights as well, you would have to take part of them to be evaluated by officers.

I am going to let my mage officer Lasher look at your application;
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mage Application: Morathy   Mage Application:  Morathy EmptyMay 27th 2010, 3:57 pm

Well your gear is decent for an alt-turned-main, but your gemming is suspect. Your pushing SP which is wrong, Arcane mages should push Haste, everything you gem should be +12sp / +10haste. A good rule of thumb is to keep your SP and Haste at a 3:1 ratio, right now your way off.

But aside from gemming, honestly, the majority of every mage I've ever met in this game just plain sucks. Gear is easy to obtain, skill is harder.

Like Jagal said, their are no core spots available, but if you join, and prove your skill. You could fit in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mage Application: Morathy   Mage Application:  Morathy Empty

Back to top Go down

Mage Application: Morathy
Page 1 of 1