Drak'Tharon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mage-Frost PVE Theorycrafting

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Mage-Frost PVE Theorycrafting Empty
PostSubject: Mage-Frost PVE Theorycrafting   Mage-Frost PVE Theorycrafting EmptyJanuary 19th 2010, 12:38 am

Ive wanted to run some numbers to see how effecitvely frost is doing in PVE right now. Anyone have any damage parses they could share?
Back to top Go down
Jagal

Jagal

PostSubject: Re: Mage-Frost PVE Theorycrafting   Mage-Frost PVE Theorycrafting EmptyJanuary 19th 2010, 4:26 pm

i m gonna bitch slap you!!!! DONT YOU DISRESPECT WARRIORS /flex

I will PWN YOU IN DA FACE!!!
Back to top Go down
Jagal

Jagal

PostSubject: Re: Mage-Frost PVE Theorycrafting   Mage-Frost PVE Theorycrafting EmptyJanuary 19th 2010, 4:27 pm

BTW mage thread is somewhere else <3 was kidding above 0.o
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mage-Frost PVE Theorycrafting   Mage-Frost PVE Theorycrafting EmptyJanuary 19th 2010, 5:42 pm

Yes but that's a thread not a forum and I'd like to keep my information gathering a little more clear from the general chat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mage-Frost PVE Theorycrafting   Mage-Frost PVE Theorycrafting EmptyJanuary 20th 2010, 6:59 pm

I toyed around with frost pve last month and it was utter fail. As a mage we are still mainly restricted to focus firing our targets and as a frost mage the dmg was just not there.

You spend your whole time praying for fingers of frost and brain freeze to proc. You never run out of mana, but since most raid encounters cannot be frozen half of your dmg talents become useless.

Also, its notable to mention i actually casted slower as frost pve then arcane pve. Since you lost the 6% increase to spell haste through Netherwind Presence.

So the end result was small hits, small crits, and comparatively slow spell casting.

Last edited by Zulasher on March 18th 2010, 10:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mage-Frost PVE Theorycrafting   Mage-Frost PVE Theorycrafting EmptyJanuary 30th 2010, 12:43 pm

Yeah, doesn't frostbolt have a casting tine of 2? And arc blast is 2.5? But something that's really interesting is that classes like frost benefit the most from weapons like Nibelung because Nibelung procs off harmful effects rather than damage so say I cast a frosbolt. It does damage, slow, winters chill and if frosbite procs(regardless If the target is immune or not) that's 4 harmful effects in one shot which gives a much greater chance of getting an actual proc. Overall frost is better and brings some raid buffs but is still too lacking for us to take.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mage-Frost PVE Theorycrafting   Mage-Frost PVE Theorycrafting Empty

Back to top Go down

Mage-Frost PVE Theorycrafting
Page 1 of 1